Wednesday 22 February 2012

Freedom!

Jason went back to work today but has arranged for mum to come over. "what time?" I asked him "morning" he said......................

My mum knows me like I know her, I am her daughter and I am like her in many many ways. It is 12.30 as I type and I know that mum will get here in her time but she is giving me the beathing space that I have so desperately needed. Thanks mum for being understanding without me having to ask or explain.

I had a lovely visit from my best friend JD who livened up my day, how good it was to chat and catch up and think about normal things.

Then I decided to go out for that fresh air I have been promising myself all week. The wind was bracing and it was threatening rain but it woke me up and blew away those cobwebs.

Now I am chilling here contemplating a cup of coffee.....

I had a day off painkillers which wasn't a good move on my part as the pain returned yesterday quite badly and through the night. I took the diclofenix this morning and its eased the pain considerably but left me feeling a little woozy.

Tomorrow will be one week after the operation! Onwards and Upwards!

5 comments:

  1. Sara honey, you really are an inspiration, you just take things in your stride and carry on regardless (good film that was!!!! lol)! I know what you mean about the painkillers, you know I have to have mine every day to survive! Some days are worse than others, but every day I count my blessings because my illness is not life threatening! It might restrict me, it might make me miserable, but it never threatens my existence! As you say honey, onwards and upwards, you will get through this, of this I have no doubt! lots of love Sharon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha...aha she said...I was going to make the comment that you might be rushing it a little going off the pain killers but I thought, well maybe Sara knows what she's doing...and I'm so sorry that you had bad pain throughout the night. Just a little too soon methinks...and tell me please that you are going to finish what is in the bottle like a good patient. I thought I was a "hurry up and let me be back to normal" but you my darling friend take the cake and the cherry on top. Slow down!!!!! hee

    And bless your mother for knowing that you needed some space...and when she gets there let her take care of her little girl because you will always and forever be just that to your wonderful mum!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get her told ladies!!!!!
    You and your mum are alike as your both wonderful people!!!
    Now 'as The (Ultimate)Eagles say 'TAKE IT EASY'!!!!!!
    NO i aint going to stop telling you!!!and if your not careful i will turn up and sing it to you and that is painful!!!!!!!Lol!!
    xoxo 'Ting,Ting,Ting'!!!xxxxx((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don`t go over doing things-we all know what you are like-you are blessed to have such a lovely understanding mum and loads of friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara, this is my first time visiting your blog, but I have to say that you are such an inspiration! My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. It's been hard on her, but also on me. I can't really imagine what she's going through. Reading blogs like yours has really helped me. So thank you :) Also wanted to share a great link http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-can which has also helped me through this whole, scary journey. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!