Wednesday 12 August 2015

Naughty Fell Pony

Yesterday Cola had his routine jabs. It was the new vets second day on the job. I told her straight away that Cola mustn't see the needle because he will be difficult.

She was a lovely young vet but not fast or firm enough for old Cola so the injection was a bit of a trauma.

The 14hh black beast grew in size and snorted and prance around his box with me trying to control him.

24 years old? He was acting like a 4 year old.

Then a blood sample was required. Oh my days the drama that ensued!

The vet got flung into my hay bar and I decided that it was time to tell Cola off much to the amusement of other horse owners.

The telling off seemed to work along with my arms working overtime to keep him still! As soon as he was standing I started to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little bloody star which despite my dreadful voice seemed to do the trick.

Poor boy looked so upset and to cap it all a wormer paste was administered.... not the best of days for my boy.

The vet was impressed by his condition and health although there are signs of a cataract forming on his scarred eye. The bloods will go off for testing to see if he has Cushings disease and I will  retest for worm burden in 2 weeks time.

Today my arms are stiff and painful.

1 comment:

  1. I just tried to post and it disappeared ! Your arms may be stiff and painful and you need to have a good rest today, but little Cola did have a very traumatic time yesterday :-) And next time I am feeling a little anxious I expect a rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle please ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!