Wednesday 5 August 2015

Cancer be Damned

How ironic! The content of my last and very recent post.

I have just learned of the passing of a childhood friend to breast cancer.

She was the same age as me, first diagnosed in 2010 and she has gone.

Such a brave lady who despite being so very ill never complained and fought with courage and hope right to the end.

Always smiling, joking and so positive she never gave up hope.

She was so pleased to have had her photo taken with Mike Peters from the Alarm I was planning on getting him and his family to sign a bear with a guitar for her. That won't happen now...

If one thing can be taken from her passing today it will be to live for today and never take the moment in which we live for granted.

As she is gone I am still here.

Why?

How?

Survivors guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!