Thursday 5 January 2012

Wilbur

Poor Wilbur, this year hasn't got off to a good start for him! He became ill on Christmas day but we couldn't work out the symptoms because he wasn't ill as such but wasn't quite himself.

I delayed taking him to the vet firstly because I was so ill myself, the entire Christmas was spent being housebound then when I did decid enough is enough I had to make up my mind as to which vet I took him too.

Complicated.

I won't go into the in's and out's of the matter but lets say I am no fool when it comes to my animals and I don't agree with some modern ideas.

I decided to take him to a new/old vet in the end and I am glad that I did. Not only did they get to the root of the problem (which ultimately seems why Wilbur was ill a couple of months ago) but I felt as though I was cared for and not being taken for a ride. The receptionists were lovely as were the nurses, nothing was too much trouble.

So the conclusion!

Wilbur is stiff and reluctant to use his right hind side so the vet suspects some sort of injury. He has been given an anti-inflammatory injection and a course of pain killers. We go back in a week to review his situation. In the meantime I have to keep him rested and no jumping or running around.

Poor Wilbur!

1 comment:

  1. Poor wilbur. Hope hes feeling better soon. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!