Sunday 31 July 2011

Getting Fit

My friend Janet commented on my last post, saying that I should set myself some small goals with a reward. It's so weird her saying that because I was thinking the same thing myself.

I have managed to fit 4 runs in this week and all of them bar one were good. The "bad" run was done at 5.30am and the air was really heavy, it triggered my asthma and so that's why it was such a struggle.

I made the mistake of running at 9am on Saturday when the sun was up and I found that too hot for me, I don't know why but I just cannot run in the heat which is why I only ever enter races in the autumn or during the winter. Having said that, last years Tatton Yule Yomp backfired on me because I was running through freezing fog in sub zero temperatures!!!

During Saturday mornings run, I was trying to figure out why I got headaches in the heat. I decided that it must be something to do with tension in my neck which I do suffer with. So, that fact coupled with Janet's suggestion as my first reward I might book myself in for a sports massage.

I must admit, being back at running is so good, I can't believe I have had a 3 month break. Even if I run for a short space of time, I feel so great afterwards and its good to be out and about seeing and appreciating the countryside. On one of my runs I had a hare running towards me with his big gangling legs, he soon spotted me though and did a double turn!

1 comment:

  1. I guess the more you do the more you want to do -once motivated ! glad my suggestions helped-though my idea of treating myself is a little different to yours [can`t beat a bit of retail therapy-certainly gets me motivated ]
    Lucky you spotting that hare-not a common sight anymore xx

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!