Saturday 19 May 2012

Life is a Fragile Thing

I completed my course of radiotherapy at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd last Thursday and to say it is a relief is an under statement. I feel as though somebody has taken a weight off my shoulders and I can, at last get on with my life.

My skin isn't as sore as it was with my previous radiotherapy but I put this down to the fact that I started using creams from day one because I knew what was in store. The skin is pink in that area and sore but not enough to stop me from doing things.

The worst side effect is tiredness.

I forgot to get a repeat prescription of my lanzoprazole and I am paying the price with heart burn, one the the side effects of chemo.

I spoke to my oncologist very frankly and he has given his blessing for me to have my ovaries removed. This is good for so many reasons:


  • my fear of ovarian cancer
  • no more needles required 
  • birth control
Its what I want and I am glad he is letting me ask for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!