Tuesday 7 September 2010

Where to Start?

Where to start really?

I haven't posted a blog since 19th August and so much has happened in that time.

My eldest son Joe has started Darland High School, he is pictured above in the smart green blazer. My youngest son Harry has entered year 5 of primary school. I have to keep pinching myself.... where did all of those years go? It doesn't help that psychologically I have "lost" a year in my life. Yesterday we took Joe's hamster "Blossom" to the vet and I presented a 6 month old hamster, Joe reminded me that it was her first birthday LAST May so she was 18 months old! Sadly, Blossom had to be put to sleep because she had a growth in her tummy which was making her very sore and unhappy.

I had an appointment with the breast surgeon, I think I must have been called in by accident. I was expecting to see the oncologist but saw the surgeon instead. I was glad I saw him though because he was able to answer my questions more clearly. It turns out that I only had 3 lymph nodes removed which is why (touch wood) I haven't had lymphodema, the aches in my hands are due to the countless canulas I have had over the last 2 years, in his words "your veins are knackered" but eventually they should heal, the swelling to my fingers is most likely down to the herceptin so hopefully by 2011 I will be able to wear my wedding ring again (yipee!) and when I mentioned my bad back for which my GP had given me pain killers, he sent me for a bone scan immediately just to make sure everything was ok. I went for that almost a week ago and am waiting for the results but I am certain that they are good.

This week is the first full week that the children have been back at school and I am on a high with all of the physical exercise I am getting through running, riding Cola and walking the dogs.

On 18th September, my friend and I are going on a road trip down to Swansea to see friends and to watch an amazing band called Killing for Company. I am so excited!

At the moment, life is good and I am aiming to keep it that way. I am busy preparing for my 10K race in December so if you are reading this, please consider following my just giving link and sponsoring me, every pound or dollar helps and will certainly help me get through that 10K!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sara congratulations on all your wonderful achievements ....many hugs and prayers for your continued health and good healing. xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!