Sunday 26 April 2015

I've Lost Count!!

So much has happened since 17th February that I have lost count on how many weeks have passed since my operation.

A week last Friday I had the stitches removed which had become embedded in my skin. Indeed, two stitches had tangled up with each other and were trapping a nerve hence my pain. Three syringes of fluid was also removed.

This could have been done on the Tuesday had my surgeon been available but instead I had to wait a further 3 days before my suffering ended.

However, the relief was almost instant and from the Sunday I gathered up my courage and started to go back to my horse care routine with continued help from my wonderful friends. I honestly don't know how I would have coped so if you are reading this...... Thank you from the bottom of my heart.


So here I am now..... my back pain has returned with a vengence but at least it's not a threat to my life and I know what I need to do to sort it out.

Spending this week with my boy has been the best medicine I ever could have wished for. Just being with him, smelling him, watching him, loving him has filled my heart with so much joy I could burst. (Don't worry, I won't burst because that would be rather messy).


At last, this part of my life is over and I am looking forward to the summer and making the most of life, after all.... you only get one!!


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you are suffering so much. It's frustrating to have your aches and pains worked into a doctors schedule. Doesn't it seem like you should get help when you need it? It's wonderful that you have your friends and family there. Enjoy your time with the pony. Loved ones really are the best medicine.

    Jacqueline Hodges @ Dr Koziol

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!