Friday 4 November 2011

Running High

I have been running for a few years now and in that time I have completed three 5K Race for Life events and a 10K last year which I ran for the Love Hope Strength Foundation. I have done all of my training on my own.... through snow, freezing fog, ice.... I have been up and down and attacked by a dog but now I have entered a new phase of running. I am running with friends.

It started off with me posting on facebook, asking if there were any running clubs in our area. One friend replied saying she would run with me and we have been doing that for a couple of months now. Since then we have been joined by two other friends and its brilliant.

We keep each other going when we feel like giving up, we chat, we laugh - running is great fun.

So I finished my run this morning, only 2 miles, but on a runners high which is the best feeling in the world to have.

A few cups of tea later and I am off to ride my pony, walk my dogs and do a few jobs.

Looking forward to the curry my son is making at school later!

1 comment:

  1. I don`t know where you get all that energy from Sara - can I have some please ? Seriously ,
    Nice to have friends who have the same interests -I bet you don`t notice sometimes just how far you have actually run ! Keep it up and good luck with your future marathons x

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!