Monday 7 November 2011

Eye Test

I went for my eye test today, good news is that my distance eye sight is great but the bad news is that yes I do need reading glasses and that damage has been caused by chemotherapy.

The optician was very, helpful and gave me lots of advice on how I should use my reading glasses to prevent further deterioration and I was quite pleased that he considered me a bit "young" for reading glasses!

My taid had glaucoma but sadly he died of a brain tumour before that progressed onto anything other than a diagnosis. He was 38 when he died.

I have a history of diabetes in both sides of my family which is why I am stressed over the effects of tamoxifen and me not being able to lose weight. I am not particularly fussed at getting back down to my old size 8, I just want a healthy waistline so that I don't develop this awful disease.

1 comment:

  1. Bless Sara, I had to wear glasses for years as I was short sighted! I had laser treatment about 7 years ago and it was amazing! I could see for miles, and it was wonderful! I now have to wear glasses to read and it is frustrating! But all that really matters is that you are free of cancer right now, and for that we are all eternally grateful! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!