Sunday 6 March 2011

Hot No Cross Buns

Seeing as how my boys love tea cakes and hot cross buns, I decided to have a go at making them today. Oh what a disaster! I didn't have any strong flour in my cupboard so I improvised with gluten free wholemeal bread flour....... bad choice!!

They tasted so bad they went directly into the green bin.

However I will not give up, I will purchase the proper flour and try again.

I wasn't putting a cross on them because there was no way I was going to make shortcrust pastry just to decorate them. However, my friend who is a baker told me to just mix flour and water together in a paste and pipe the crosses on..................... hmmmmm might still give that a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!