Wednesday 8 June 2016

30 Days Wild

30 Days Wild is an invitation to everyone to enjoy nature in some way during the month of June. 

I enjoy this little challenge although I do feel a bit of a cheat because I love in a semi rural village and I have a horse and dogs so nature is part of my life.

Taking part in this challenge makes me aware of how lucky I am to live where I live and to say a prayer of gratitude for that fact along with my faculties to enjoy them.

I have fallen behind with my 30 day wild tweets so this is what I have done.

1. Signed up to the big bee count and logged sightings of any bees I have spotted in my garden.

2. While out on my Fell pony I stopped my mind and listened to the music of the countryside.... birds song and the wind in the trees.

3. I giggled when the baby Swallow popped it's bottom out of its next to have a poop then snuggled back in again.

4. Noticing just how many types of grasses there are. Their texture and size.

5. Walking bare foot in the garden and recognising the sensations of hot, cold, soft and hard.

6. Watching a male black bird sqawke around for hours trying to find his mate. He did this until he lost his voice and didn't care a jot about the resident cats.

7. I sat in my bedroom watching the trees through the window and made shapes up in my head.

8. I ran along a country lane appreciating the scents of nature.

Many lovely things to do and lots to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!