Tuesday 20 October 2015

That Perfect Moment

I wrote a post last night on my phone but for some reason I can't publish it. So I will try to remember what I said.

The experience happened yesterday. After a pretty dark week I was and am still feeling quite fragile.

I was out walking a dog on the lanes I have walked for 20 years. I have picked sloes and blackberries here, ridden my horse, walked my own dogs and run down these lanes. They are beautiful.

Yesterday the dog stopped to eat grass. An unusual occurance because she is quite a hyper 7 month old puppy. Grass is good for dogs but thats another subject.

As she gingerly picked at the grass I became aware of the stillness of the air. The heat of the sun kissed my skin and the quietness enveloped me. I closed my eyes and raised my face to the sky and in that moment, with the birds chattering around me I experienced pure peace.

I opened my eyes a moment later and I felt spiritually cleansed.

You know that feeling when you get out of a steaming hot bath and your skin feels clean and warm.... thats exactly how my soul felt.

It struck me that without the darkest of moments these brightest of moments would not hold the significance they do.

I hope you have a perfect moment today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!