Monday 12 October 2015

Today I just had enough

I didn't have a great weekend. I won't go into detail but it left me feeling anxious and sick today.

Then on the news is this reporter who has just had a double mastectomy due to breast cancer and she's there in her hospital bed all bright and cheery saying she's not fighting cancer she's just being treated for it.

I burst into tears.

Lucky bloody you I thought to myself.

She obviously hadn't been chucked out of hospital the next day after the procedure with no after care. She obviously hasn't got a clue what it's like to live with the disease.

This week an amazing man Mike Peters is starting his 3rd fight with cancer and this woman's attitude really upset me.

I know people deal with things in different ways but not everyone gets 5 star hospital treatment. She made me feel even more like a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!