Friday 26 October 2012

Post Surgery

Things are starting to click into place. 

My body is functioning as it should post surgery so that has been a huge relief I can tell you. However, I do like the taste of peppermint tea, its very refreshing!

The pain is ok, getting better and better each day and I hate to repeat myself but not as painful as my breast surgery.

This fact really amazes me because when I had my last breast operation in January, the ladies in my ward who had received similar surgeries were incapacitated, that fact and the fact that the doctors and consultants made me think that this was a serious surgery has really surprised me but in a nice way.

I really hated my surgery in January because I felt cheated. I felt as though it shouldn't have happened, it wasn't fair and therefore I begrudged every second I had to recuperate. 

This time I know I am going to be up and about soon and so I have a huge smile on my face!

The scars wont be too bad either.


One is actually in my belly button and that is where the camera was placed then I have two on either side of my tummy. One side has just one stitch in and the other has three.

I am led to believe (although I haven't been told officially) that both ovaries would have been taken out of the one side which I suppose is why one side is sorer than the other.

The sun is shining today and I feel as light as a feather.

A curtain has been lifted off my life.

And at last I really can see a future.......






Pictures courtesy of Google

1 comment:

  1. This makes my heart happy! Why is it easier for you? Well, you chose to have this done so your mind was in a good place. And you see this as your moving foward, doors open, light at the end of the tunnel so that also affects your brain and how you are perceiving everything...and because you want your life back, "yesterday", you are in the perfect frame of mind for healing to be faster, to be less painful and that makes a HUGE difference. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!