Sunday 16 September 2012

Up and Down Around and About

Funny title for a post really but it kind of describes the last few weeks for me perfectly. 

Since Snowdon Rocks its been a strange time, lots of changes, lots of challenges and lots of worries.

The first thing that happened was the Rossett Village Fete and I judged the dog show. I was really nervous because its a popular show but once I got into the swing of things I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I know what I could have done better so hopefully, if they have me back next year (which I hope they do) it will much improved. 

One of the ideas I have is for a cup or a rosette called the Love Hope Strength Pet of the Year. Basically, well before the show I would be giving out entry forms for people to nominate their pet for the award. All I would be asking for is their reasons as to how their pet has given them Love Hope and Strength. All entry fees taken would go to the charity itself and the winner would be chosen before the show and presented there. I would also like to put up a display board of all the entries as well.

I would also change some of the classes and definitely include one for young handler.

The same day as the show I came down with a virus. I was ill for over a week with a tummy bug, I have never been so ill with a bug in my life. I couldn't eat or even drink for days. How I did the show I don't know I think it was just through grim determination.

My youngest son started High School.



He is pictured here with his friend. We are neighbours and they were born within weeks of each other. Its nice that they have each other to go to school with.

It has been a big change for me because I now no longer have to do the school run. This gives me almost and extra hour a day!!!


Wilbur is still poorly! He developed a new infection in his side and has been treated with antibiotics but as soon as we finish a course it swells up again.

I took him to the vet on Friday and because not much fluid came out when she aspirated it she recommended leaving him for a week and monitor the swelling, it could be the natural healing process. He is happy in himself.... eating, playing, barking!!

I have had to find the money to cover the enormous vet bill we had from his previous illness. The insurance company Animal Friends wouldn't pay the bill because although I took Wilbur to the vet after the exclusion period, the vets notes said "Wilbur has been off colour for a week" they are saying that it takes us into the exclusion period. 

I wouldn't have agreed to the MRI scan had I known the insurance company wouldn't pay, I just didn't think! This is the reason you take out these policies!

I have been selling off my Steiff Bear Collection to raise funds to cover the bills and we are getting there slowly but it has been a huge weight on my shoulders.

I am so frustrated because its put us in an even tighter financial situation and I am not quite well enough to return to work. I could get a part time job in an office but that would give us child care issues and my heart is set on returning to dog grooming which is the job I love. However, I can't see me being able to cope as a mobile groomer so then I have to think about financing a salon.

I have been for genetic counselling and I have decided to get tested for the breast cancer genes. I feel that it is better to have the question answered than not. I have agreed to take part in a research programme, you never know it might help them to find out why these things happen especially as I was young and have had two breast cancers.

Whenever I go to these types of appointments I end up having a down day and Friday was the day for me. I might add that I had my Zolodex injection on the Monday so hormones may have had a part to play in it. The Zolodex injection flippin hurt, I nearly hit the roof and even the nurse was upset for me. I am going to see my GP and ask for the injection to be changed to monthly because the needle is smaller.




So.... it has been a bit of a funny few weeks as you can see.



Note: words or sentences which are highlighted are linked to pages on the web so if you would like more information on the subject, click on the highlighted words and it will take you to the right page.

1 comment:

  1. You have been having some ups and downs. I often find the end of summer is like that before settling back into a routine.

    Sorry that the zolodex was so bad this time round...I think the monthly and a smaller needle is definitely what you need!

    Best of everything to Mr. H. as he begins high school life...new adventures!

    And I'm so pleased that you enjoyed judging the dog show. I love the ideas you have for next year and here's hoping that they ask you again (I think they will!).

    Enjoy that extra hour of time each day my friend...it is a gift! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!