Tuesday 13 April 2021

Well What A Year!

 2020 started off fantastically with me finally having my last breast surgery to make nipples then the Gathering at Llandudno only to be struck by the Covid pandemic.

Along with many others all over the world I had to learn a new way of working and living. I converted my grooming shed into an office and that has been my base for more than a year.

Shortly after going into lockdown my colleagues were furloughed. This included my manager leaving myself and the facilities manager to represent our department. That really was a stressful time for me, not only with the fear of the virus, learning a new way to work, making up new systems and learning parts of my colleagues job.

Credit to Pintrest

I was completely broken by the time their furlough was over. My mind was beyond tired and my nerves were frazzled. I had three weeks annual leave, the first was spent recovering and the last two were with my husband home based.

After Christmas which was completely ruined by the pandemic I at last have been able to adapt to this new way of working. Mainly because everyone is back at work and things are starting to pick up.

During 2020 I suffered two very great losses. My beloved companion and shadow Wilbur suffered a short and sudden illness and died leaving me lonely and bereft. Six weeks later, Pickles died in my arms.



Lots of big adjustments and changes so its no wonder I am suffering from anxiety and struggling to do even the simplest things.

I feel that I have turned a corner though and while I have quite a way to go I am on the right road to recovery. I started back with Weight Watchers three weeks ago and my mind set seems to be in the right place and I am even managing to exercise more. Only walking at the moment but Rome wasnt built in a day and in the future I aim to be running, road marching and weight training again.

I hope to get back into blogging too so lets hope that this is the first of many to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!