Friday 28 May 2010

Happy Days

Well, I have lost another 1 and a half pounds at Weight Watchers this week and achieved two goals..... 10% loss and a stone. Dawn (my leader) picked a really pretty stone for me and I am going to keep it in my car to remind me of my achievement. I did quite fancy getting a silver ring for my little finger as a token reminder but I couldnt find anything that was quite right. I don't think I will ever find anything as nice as the wooden ring my son Joe gave me with a painted flower. Sadly that ring broke but it is forever engraved in my memory.

My husband and I spent a lovely afternoon in Chester www.visitchester.com . We went to Picollinos www.picillinoresteraunts.co.uk/chster.html for lunch, a swanky Italian resteraunt. The atmosphere was comfortable, the service was second to none and the food was very good. I resisted the temptation to eat my way through a whole load of cheese and pasta and chose the chicken caesar salad instead. The waiter raised his eyebrows when I asked him to hold on the dressing!!

My son Joe did really well at swimming club this week. It was badge night and he got his 2000 metre certificate and badge, the first ever in the 26 year history of the club. Joe is only a little fella and I am amazed at how well he performed. So many parents have made a point of coming up to me and singing his praises, I am so proud of him.

Our family was selected to take part in a health survey and the lady conducting it commented on how she loved visiting my house because of my beautiful painted stones. My stones are a reminder to everyone to keep smiling, be happy and positive and of course, my special stone garden lists the names of those who I pray for every day. You know who you are!

Chester is such a beautiful city with an amazing array of resteraunts, shops and street artists. Today, the sun was out and it was so relaxing being able to walk around, watch tourists, locals etc. I bought myself some Bobby Brown mascara from debenhams http://www.debenhams.com/ so hopefully it will be smudgeproof. At £17.50 I jolly well hope it is! I also bought myself some crystals, some for healing and some for re-aligning my chakras and a rose quartz dowsing crystal. Luckily there is a full moon tonight so I will cleanse my crystals and energise them in the light of the full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!