Friday 2 March 2018

Well That's an Achievement

I haven't been near a swimming pool for years. After my 2015 and 3rd battle with breast cancer left me horribly scarred and disfigured, I have struggled with anything that might mean exposing my body.

Although my reconstruction last April was a success because of my 2015 experience they were not able to do a normal job. My plastic surgeon explained that i am a work in progress. I know that I have more surgeries ahead of me but I can't think that far ahead.

So... Following our house flood we are back at Llyndir Hall Hotel and it's got a pool.

Today, I ventured into the pool and had a little swim.

It was a shock to experience how weak my body has become but at least now I have made this first step back to my normality i can aim to get stronger and fitter at a slow pace.

Today, I feel accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!