Monday 27 May 2013

Cola and His Bad Back Update

I am not very good at keeping up with my blog, I seem to publish a post a month! I really must do better than that!

Last month I explained how Cola had seen a chiropractor to sort out his back. As luck would have it, my friend who also has her horse on my yard is training to become a chiropractor for horses and dogs. She is extremely knowledgeable and has taken Cola and I under her wing.

Claire has been regularly working on Colas back and has shown me how to carry out simple stretching exercises and strapping which I do on a daily basis. With her help great progress is being made!

Colas weight is dropping and he is now classed as "fat" but borderline ok for his breed. I weighed him yesterday with a weigh tape and he was 504kg so he needs to drop about 20kg. I am sure that we will get to that point very soon.

He is on limited turn out for grass so no more than 5-6 hours per day. His hay is soaked for 24 hours and he has an unlimited supply, he has two small feeds consisting of happy hoof, dynamic balancer and garlic.

So things really are looking up for us!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, it's a pleasure to meet you. I was poking around some blogs and found yours. We cancer fighters need to stick together.
    Good luck with Cola. I hope everything works out. I am currently battling ovarian cancer for the second time. Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Linda, I am sorry about your Ovarian cancer but with a positive attitude you will kick it into touch! When you have these trials it really does make you appreciate life so much more. Peace be with you x

      Delete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!