Friday 8 October 2010

A New Chapter

On Wednesday 6th October 2010 I had my last infusion of herceptin! I calculated that each dose of herceptin costs £2000 - amazing! I am so glad that I have been given the drug, the side effects are worth having for the fact that it is such an effective anti-cancer drug.

I was so sad to be saying goodbye to all of the staff at the Shooting Star Unit. We have had a relationship spanning almost 2 years and I have come to know them all like friends. I will pop in to say hello every now and again though.

So I had a range of emotions..... sadness, relief, scared!!!

I feel as though cancer is a thing of the past for me now, onwards and upwards is what I want to keep saying. The world is my oyster.

Before cancer I didnt have much self confidence, I would never "go it alone" but now, with my second chance at life I am grabbing it with both hands. I would have come up with countless excuses for not going to gigs but now I am making excuses for why I shouldnt go.

Life is for living and I am doing that to the full!

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I have not a doubt in my mind that you will live a very fulfilling life. You have struggled, fought your way and look where you are now!! Doing a marathon no less. The best is you have family and friends that surround you with love.

    Take good care Love Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs” with over 1000 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
    If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
    Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.
    And like bloggers everywhere, I love receiving your comments and ideas.

    Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)

    ReplyDelete

If you are kind enough to read my post please leave a comment they make my day!